3%
5.0 (Just Awful)
2%

Total votes: 112

CanadianP1
Lieutenant Commander

Re: Texas Lightning (2.18)

#61 Post by CanadianP1 »

I recognize the flaws that many have pointed out about this episode, but I am, and will always be, a complete sucker for anything even remotely resembling a heist. Therefore, I really like this one!

Surf Ski
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Re: Texas Lightning (2.18)

#62 Post by Surf Ski »

This one is on Roku's Universal Action channel right now.

A couple of members have raised the James Bond overtones of the game on Thompson's yacht; various baddies, gathered around the table, e.g. the mysterious Chinese general, etc. But it was only on this watch that I noticed that one guy (Baron, presumably) is actually wearing a Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross medal around his neck!

Talk about making sure the audience knows who the bad guys are! :lol:

Another point: the signal fire on the deserted island which seems to lack trees; after Thomas tells her that he doesn't believe she'll shoot, when he bends down to light the fire, we can see it's clearly constructed of driftwood, which would likely be pretty easy to collect on an oceanic island. The subsequent helicopter dog fight of course, takes place over a fully forested island anyway.

Love the scene near the end with TM and Higgins drinking and talking, where Higgins insists, "But she's still a Russian spy." But I don't understand why in that conversation, TM tells Higgins that JL doesn't have the microfilm anymore. She absolutely does.

The next scene TM goes and retrieves it from her purse as she sleeps in the hospital.

By that point it could have already been recovered by another operative from her side. It hadn't been, but TM really dropped the ball there. I agree with others, him falling in love so quickly and completely strains credibility.

Always love seeing the little Boston Whaler in this one too! 8)