Filming locations

For discussions about the new CBS Magnum P.I. reboot

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

Laohu
Fleet Admiral

Filming locations

#1 Post by Laohu »

https://www.atlasofwonders.com/2018/09/ ... ilmed.html

Nice website that has listed many of the filming locations from the show .

ZelenskyTheValiant (Ivan)
Fleet Admiral

Re: Filming locations

#2 Post by ZelenskyTheValiant (Ivan) »

Fake news! Fake show! Fake locations!

No, really. The locations are fake. That estate doesn't really exist. It was all created on a computer - different locations stitched together that don't belong together in reality, with the rest filled in with fake green CGI.

Yes, I'm another hater! There is only one MPI. Accept no substitutes!! :magnum:

T.Q.
Fleet Admiral

#3 Post by T.Q. »

IvanTheTerrible wrote:Fake news! Fake show! Fake locations!

No, really. The locations are fake. That estate doesn't really exist. It was all created on a computer - different locations stitched together that don't belong together in reality, with the rest filled in with fake green CGI.

Yes, I'm another hater! There is only one MPI. Accept no substitutes!! :magnum:
Knocking my rubber chicken or my sloppy habits is within the rules, but you're attacking my character. I would like to think you don't mean that.

Higgins (aka Bondtoys)
Fleet Admiral

#4 Post by Higgins (aka Bondtoys) »

Didn't last very long until the usual haters crashed this informative thread as well.

Seriously, you haters are turning me off from enjoying the Original Show more and more.
Your Schoolyard Bully Mob Mentality just puts everything related to Magnum P.I. in a negative light and I am sure that I am not the only one.

And I'd say that it harms Magnum-Mania as a whole!

What a bunch of sad people you are!

I am pretty sure, if CGI existed in the old days, it would have been used back then - even in the sacred original show. And the reboot looks great, if you wouldn‘t know, you wouldn‘t notice.
Just have a look at the old series, very often weather was far from perfect and the reboot beats the Original Series by a mile visually.
Last edited by Higgins (aka Bondtoys) on Wed May 01, 2019 4:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

T.Q.
Fleet Admiral

#5 Post by T.Q. »

Bondtoys.de wrote:Seriously, you haters are turning me off from enjoying the Original Show more and more.

Your Schoolyard Bully Mob Mentality just puts everything related to Magnum P.I. in a negative light
:shock:
Knocking my rubber chicken or my sloppy habits is within the rules, but you're attacking my character. I would like to think you don't mean that.

Amian
Admiral

#6 Post by Amian »

Bondtoys.de wrote:Didn't last very long until the usual haters crashed this informative thread as well.

Seriously, you haters are turning me off from enjoying the Original Show more and more.
Your Schoolyard Bully Mob Mentality just puts everything related to Magnum P.I. in a negative light and I am sure that I am not the only one.

And I'd say that it harms Magnum-Mania as a whole!

What a bunch of sad people you are!

I am pretty sure, if CGI existed in the old days, it would have been used back then - even in the sacred original show. And the reboot looks great, if you wouldn‘t know, you wouldn‘t notice.
Just have a look at the old series, very often weather was far from perfect and the reboot beats the Original Series by a mile visually.
Bondtoys, at this point I don't think it helps much to use reason or try to explain why it's a turn off that some people are so intent on being negative about the reboot. For them, it's become sort of a mission to be "haters" and to rain on the parade. Yes, it is sad, but your best bet is to ignore. Comments like the ones above are trolling for reactions, nothing more.

Higgins (aka Bondtoys)
Fleet Admiral

#7 Post by Higgins (aka Bondtoys) »

Not sure if calling my comments ‚trolling‘ is correct.

I can see others ‚trolling‘ all over the place - not you, amian
Haters have only one mission: to spoil our enjoyment and celebrate their negativity.

The days, when this was only expressing an opinion* are long over.

*Which is totally ok for me
Last edited by Higgins (aka Bondtoys) on Wed May 01, 2019 6:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

T.Q.
Fleet Admiral

#8 Post by T.Q. »

Imagine if CGI could give us this.

:P

Higgins (aka Bondtoys)
Fleet Admiral

#9 Post by Higgins (aka Bondtoys) »

I am pretty sure that you haters would go totally ballistic and scream ‚sacrilege‘! anyhow, just because it‘s the reboot ;)

T.Q.
Fleet Admiral

#10 Post by T.Q. »

Bondtoys.de wrote:I am pretty sure that you haters would go totally ballistic and scream ‚sacrilege‘!
Bond,

I’ve said before.

Most of us are just using goofy humour here to make light of the new show.

No one is hateful. Most just ignore (don’t watch) the show now.

If a random member says they hate the reboot it is NOT a personal attack on you.

You gotta just chill man.

Higgins (aka Bondtoys)
Fleet Admiral

#11 Post by Higgins (aka Bondtoys) »

T.Q. wrote:
No one is hateful. Most just ignore (don’t watch) the show now.
Maybe you go back and read some of Ivan‘s comments, where he outright is admitting it.
And someome else did the same, but he‘s now on my ignoring list.

Just go back to the haters‘ thread and you may think again about the „non-hateful“ and the fun aspect.

And you have no idea, how relaxed I am here.
I have never a problem of different opinions - in the case of the reboot, there is only little opinion, manners and constructivity. It‘s just hate and destruction and I take an issue on that if it‘s celebrated like it is done by the haters on this board.
I am astounded about how the leadership of this forum let the tone go down so badly and is the frontrunner and active supporter of this kind of behaviour.

Fleet Admiral

#12 Post by ZelenskyTheValiant (Ivan) »

Bond, dude, you crack me up! :lol: You take this stuff way too personally. Just chill, man. What do you care if I hate the new show??? I'm not coming to your house with a pitchfork because you like it. It's called the "internet". Get used to it. People are allowed to voice their opinions or hate whatever they want to hate. And you schooling other people on proper etiquette and wagging your finger at them makes you look rather foolish.

Love your images, TQ. Keep it up! :D

T.Q.
Fleet Admiral

#13 Post by T.Q. »

IvanTheTerrible wrote:Bond, dude, you crack me up! :lol: You take this stuff way too personally. Just chill, man. What do you care if I hate the new show??? I'm not coming to your house with a pitchfork because you like it. It's called the "internet". Get used to it. People are allowed to voice their opinions or hate whatever they want to hate. And you schooling other people on proper etiquette and wagging your finger at them makes you look rather foolish.

It's not as much fun when people are getting so upset.

Yet, I persevere. :P

Laohu
Fleet Admiral

#14 Post by Laohu »

IvanTheTerrible wrote:Bond, dude, you crack me up! :lol: You take this stuff way too personally. Just chill, man. What do you care if I hate the new show??? I'm not coming to your house with a pitchfork because you like it. It's called the "internet". Get used to it. People are allowed to voice their opinions or hate whatever they want to hate. And you schooling other people on proper etiquette and wagging your finger at them makes you look rather foolish.

Wow that seem like a personal attack to me

Fleet Admiral

#15 Post by ZelenskyTheValiant (Ivan) »

Laohu wrote:

Wow that seem like a personal attack to me
Oh brother, here we go again. Anyway I'm off to bed. Maybe tomorrow we can hold hands and sing kumbaya together. Make love, not war. Flowers. Pot. Peace. All that good stuff. :lol: