Reboot in the News

#1 Post by Rembrandt's Girl »

T.Q.
Fleet Admiral

Re: Reboot in the News

#2 Post by T.Q. »

I dunno.

Still makes me angry reading that.

Maybe I have to listen to Magnum’s Grandfather’s advice.

Anyway, on this particular walk my grandfather confided in me that probably the only thing you can count on in life is change… that no matter how much you wanted things to stay the same they never did, and that change itself wasn't bad. It's just that, the transitions were sometimes tricky.
Knocking my rubber chicken or my sloppy habits is within the rules, but you're attacking my character. I would like to think you don't mean that.

308GUY
Fleet Admiral

#3 Post by 308GUY »

Change....is the only "constant" in the universe.

You either adapt....or you perish. :higgins:

If I had my "druthers"....I would have loved having a Magnum PI movie or two (like Star Trek did) to pop in the player..obviously with the original cast...or even a revisit of the series for a few seasons, while everyone was still available and able...but it just never happened. So we have the DVD's of the series.

We can just hope that Lenkov and crew does the concept justice, and there will be some saving grace in keeping the characters and scenario alive. If it turns out to be even half as good as the original..then I guess we'd have to call it a success.

I truly love a 1932 or 40 Ford, and many other cars from that era and many more in between then and now, but how can you NOT be impressed by and fall nearly instantly in love with something like a 488? 0-60mph in 3 seconds!!!??? Yea....I wouldn't kick it outa my garage! :lol:

If we end up not liking the "new" MPI...well......we will always have the original...and we don't have to watch....but I'm going to..even if it's bad...and given Lenkov's love of the original...I don't think it's going to be bad. :magnum:
"C'mon TC...nothing can go wrong!"

KENJI
Fleet Admiral

#4 Post by KENJI »

308GUY wrote:Change....is the only "constant" in the universe.

You either adapt....or you perish. :higgins:

If I had my "druthers"....I would have loved having a Magnum PI movie or two (like Star Trek did) to pop in the player..obviously with the original cast...or even a revisit of the series for a few seasons, while everyone was still available and able...but it just never happened. So we have the DVD's of the series.

We can just hope that Lenkov and crew does the concept justice, and there will be some saving grace in keeping the characters and scenario alive. If it turns out to be even half as good as the original..then I guess we'd have to call it a success.

I truly love a 1932 or 40 Ford, and many other cars from that era and many more in between then and now, but how can you NOT be impressed by and fall nearly instantly in love with something like a 488? 0-60mph in 3 seconds!!!??? Yea....I wouldn't kick it outa my garage! :lol:

If we end up not liking the "new" MPI...well......we will always have the original...and we don't have to watch....but I'm going to..even if it's bad...and given Lenkov's love of the original...I don't think it's going to be bad. :magnum:
Well said 308GUY and Grandpa Magnum!

I don't think it will come close to the original, but I'm curious enough that I'm willing to give it a try. Looking forward to some great discussions/debates with the gang too! I know good or bad we will be dissecting each episode (assuming it gets picked up) right down to the bone (cars, clothes, actors, acting, characters, film locations, storylines, jelly doughnuts, no jelly doughnuts etc., etc.). We've already started the process and I love the 488 addition, the thought of the 308 coming back, Island Hopper chopper will be the same, it's in Hawaii and the title of the first episode has my attention as well. The props are the easy part, the acting and storylines will be the deciding factors if the reboot is a success or not and that part worries me. Even Larry Manetti is taking part in the reboot, granted he is getting compensated. :wink: Heck, it's Magnum related so you have to take a look....if you don't try it, you will never know.....come join us TQ!