Season 2 Episode 12: Desperate Measures (2.12)

For discussions about the new CBS Magnum P.I. reboot

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

How Would You Rate This Episode?

10 (Perfect!)
11%
9.5 (One of the Best)
No votes
9.0 (Excellent)
No votes
8.5 (Very Good)
22%
8.0 (Pretty Good)
11%
7.5 (Decent)
33%
7.0 (Average at Best)
No votes
6.5 (Not So Good)
No votes
6.0 (Pretty Bad)
No votes
5.0 (Just Awful)
11%
0.0 (Refuse to Watch)
11%

Total votes: 9

Luther's nephew Dobie
Fleet Admiral

Re: Season 2 Episode 12: Desperate Measures (2.12)

#16 Post by Luther's nephew Dobie »

KENJI wrote:Here is one of the better scenes from the crossover.............

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hXcoca-JhcY

We see a little more of the wine cellar, the Bat Cave comment was good as well as the 11 digit comment, not to mention Tani loosing it on that guy.
I loved Dobie's comment about someone taking a pair of rusty garden shears to Perdita/Higgin's hair, so true!!!
I'm guessing the humidity was bad that day.....REALLY bad!
I'll give her top marks for her arms though....she is really fit!
KENJI
For a mother of two she ain't exactly chopped liver.
On the latest episode(Jan.10) TC and Magnum go undercover as efficiency experts.In the opening minutes Perdita is wearing her regulation tight pants
and an amazing orange top, a combination that without a doubt was pure calculation. Woof woof and kudos to the wardrobe people.
Perdita totally steals this opening scene merely by walking and then standing still as the camera lovingly follows and records her every angle, just as
the director intended.
The producers figure presenting her this way will be enough of a lure to keep all the male viewers coming back who might otherwise not bother with this remake.
And they'd be right.

KENJI
Fleet Admiral

#17 Post by KENJI »

Luther's nephew Dobie wrote:
KENJI wrote:Here is one of the better scenes from the crossover.............

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hXcoca-JhcY

We see a little more of the wine cellar, the Bat Cave comment was good as well as the 11 digit comment, not to mention Tani loosing it on that guy.
I loved Dobie's comment about someone taking a pair of rusty garden shears to Perdita/Higgin's hair, so true!!!
I'm guessing the humidity was bad that day.....REALLY bad!
I'll give her top marks for her arms though....she is really fit!
KENJI
For a mother of two she ain't exactly chopped liver.
On the latest episode(Jan.10) TC and Magnum go undercover as efficiency experts.In the opening minutes Perdita is wearing her regulation tight pants
and an amazing orange top, a combination that without a doubt was pure calculation. Woof woof and kudos to the wardrobe people.
Perdita totally steals this opening scene merely by walking and then standing still as the camera lovingly follows and records her every angle, just as
the director intended.
The producers figure presenting her this way will be enough of a lure to keep all the male viewers coming back who might otherwise not bother with this remake.
And they'd be right.
Hi ya Dobie,

You're correct on all points my friend and to top it off she is definitely the best actor on the show!
In the Jan 10th. episode her arms looked even more defined (imo). :shock:
Since I'm not employed at the estate anymore, I'll send them a pair of my really sharp shears and see if that helps with her hairstyle.....those rusty ones have to go!! :wink: :lol:

KENJI
Fleet Admiral

#18 Post by KENJI »

Here is a clip of Steve and Thomas driving in the Ferrari talking about "owning a Ferrari", Robin, the White Knight etc..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jRjI41-iTx8

KENJI
Fleet Admiral

#19 Post by KENJI »

Here is a behind the scenes clip promoting the crossover.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hHTjdffIu7g

eagle
Fleet Admiral

#20 Post by eagle »

I started this episode the other day, before I knew it was a 2-part crossover. I had to decide whether to waste two hours watching this episode, or to go in without really understanding it (the recap didn't really help for people who don't already know H50 characters).

I've heard that the new H50 is bad, so it took me a while to convince myself to watch.

My opinion of this new version of MPI is not improved with this episode, and my view of the "new" H50 is now set at the same level as my view of the new MPI.

I continue to wonder why I watch.

I continue to wonder why Rick & TC are characters, because they are not integral to the plot lines like they were in the original series.

danielcw
Ensign

#21 Post by danielcw »

Hey all!

My forst post here, but I have been a fan of Magnum since the mid-nighties, and been a user of this site for years.

So far I have been so-so on the reboot of Magnum; I like some things, some things even better than the original, and some things I don't like at all, or even dislike. And I never liked the Hawaii 5 0 reboot, unfortunately.

But I watched the 5-0 episode of the cross over, only for Magnum, which brings me to reason for my post.

The Hawaii 5-0 episode has a stand-alone version, which just lacks the cliffhanger

I grew up in Germany, and watched the 5-0 episode in Germany as well. When the episode ended I expected a cliffhanger at the end, but was surprised to see how boring the episode ended. The 2 characters from 5-0 just a have a phone call. Weeks later I see the Magnum P.I. episode which starts with a recap, and was surprised to see someone attacking the black-guy from 5-0 after the phone call.

Also: old Magnum never was the 2nd part of a cross-over story, so we are kinda used to having 2 versions of the Magnum episode. Now it is the other way round. While I don't like Hawaii 5-0, I hope for more crossovers in this universe (which dates back to JAG)

KENJI
Fleet Admiral

#22 Post by KENJI »

Welcome aboard danielcw!

I'm sure with HFO calling it a wrap we will never see the whole cast crossing over again, but there should still be the odd HFO character crossing over to MPI from time to time.