Season 3 Episode 10: The Long Way Home: (3.10)

For discussions about the new CBS Magnum P.I. reboot

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

How Would You Rate This Episode?

Perfect
17%
One of the Best
No votes
Excellent
No votes
Very Good
33%
Pretty Good
No votes
Decent
No votes
Average at Best
17%
Not So Good
No votes
Pretty Bad
17%
Just Awful
No votes
Refuse to Watch
17%

Total votes: 6

KENJI
Fleet Admiral

Season 3 Episode 10: The Long Way Home: (3.10)

#1 Post by KENJI »

When an Army ranger goes missing after returning from deployment, Magnum learns of the traumatic news he received upon arriving home and must find him before survivor's guilt consumes him.
Last edited by KENJI on Sat Mar 06, 2021 2:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gearhard
Lieutenant Commander

Re: Season 3 Episode 10: The Long Way Home: (3.10)

#2 Post by Gearhard »

Dr Ethan:
- I was the only brown kid in school
- I was the child of immigrants
- I didn't know what I was supposed to do as a 25 year old med Student, do I took an assignment with Doctors without Borders
- It has been a long time since I felt like this Jules....

It is hard not to like Dr Ethan's character (again).

But.... that means his fall from grace will be truly epic.

The Doctors without Borders assignment goes along with my theory. Glenn's theory is he was in love with a local woman (who happened to be also running guns to the Taliban). The woman got caught in a raid by the White Knight and team and was killed. Ethan vowed revenge.

Dr Ethan is the guy in the white SUV stalking Magnum. Kumoo found something strange in his background check, but Higgins waved her off.

By season's end, Dr Ethan will have the drop on Magnum, and Higgins will shoot her boyfriend to save Thomas.
You heard it here first - Aloha

Glenn

Amian
Admiral

#3 Post by Amian »

Gearhard wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 4:46 am It is hard not to like Dr Ethan's character (again).

But.... that means his fall from grace will be truly epic.

The Doctors without Borders assignment goes along with my theory. Glenn's theory is he was in love with a local woman (who happened to be also running guns to the Taliban). The woman got caught in a raid by the White Knight and team and was killed. Ethan vowed revenge.

Dr Ethan is the guy in the white SUV stalking Magnum. Kumoo found something strange in his background check, but Higgins waved her off.

By season's end, Dr Ethan will have the drop on Magnum, and Higgins will shoot her boyfriend to save Thomas.
You heard it here first - Aloha

Glenn
Plausible, if you ask me!

Ethan's so perfect I didn't even see a scar from when he got shot.

This episode was light on the action, heavy on the feelings. Done pretty well overall.

Laohu
Fleet Admiral

#4 Post by Laohu »

From TV line

As unusual as it now is to see Magnum P.I. work a case sans Higgins, an episode such as this Friday’s proved to be a very nice showcase for series lead Jay Hernandez. As Magnum puzzled over an Army ranger who in the course of returning home went missing after receiving utterly devastating news, Hernandez slipped on his P.I.’s old-school gumshoes to follow the breadcrumbs with an intent, personal interest, worried that the MIA husband/father might end his life. Once the bereaved ranger was located, Hernandez did some of his best work to date, as Magnum relayed his own tale of survivor’s guilt and convinced the man to live on, with his loving family.