Reboot Flubs/Bloopers

For discussions about the new CBS Magnum P.I. reboot

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

KENJI
Fleet Admiral

Reboot Flubs/Bloopers

#1 Post by KENJI »

Name the episode and describe the flub that you see.

KENJI
Fleet Admiral

Re: Reboot Flubs/Bloopers

#2 Post by KENJI »

S2E7
The Man in the Secret Room.

I found a flub :oops: in this episode where Higgins shoots the hostage and the bad guy (Tony) with one bullet which in turn frees her from him -great. The problem with that is the woman is much shorter than the bad guy so when the lady gets shot in the outer right shoulder area the bad guy should've been hit in the upper right rib section. Sure you could say the bullet deflects upward from her shoulder and hits his much taller shoulder, but the angles and entry location just don't line up.....WAIT.....it gets better.........when they get hit, both are holding opposite shoulders.......she is holding the correct shoulder, the right one and he is holding the left one.....OOPS! The deflecting bullet argument wouldn't hold up in this case. :wink: Also, the bag guy is so tall that Higgins actually has a clear shot at his shoulder. They should've had the bad guy in a crouch position lowering his shoulder to hers or picked actors that matched closer in height. :wink: Even in the stretcher scene they have it wrong. They almost had it half right though, when he falls to a knee it shows that his right shoulder was struck, but by the time he is standing and walking away the gun shot wound had travelled to his left shoulder. :lol:

KENJI
Fleet Admiral

Re: Reboot Flubs/Bloopers

#3 Post by KENJI »

I caught this flub the other night while watching A Leopard on the Prowl.
In the Ala Wai Canal scene you can see Magnum and Higgins driving in the Ferrari with a view of the canal over Higgins shoulder which is correct, but as they drive a short distance the scenery suddenly changes to the ocean which is wrong, then it quickly goes back to the canal with the final few frames panning out to the Ferrari driving down the canal. I'm guessing they kept doing laps around Waikiki until they completed the scene to their liking and blended it together.

Here is the scene......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w8zUgRprqwQ