Peter Lenkov fired

For discussions about the new CBS Magnum P.I. reboot

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

LZeitgeist
Vice Admiral

Re: Peter Lenkov fired

#16 Post by LZeitgeist »

Lindsay Writer wrote:The reboot is terrible. We will always have the old episodes to enjoy and we can ignore these new episodes.
I am glad you have your old episodes to rewatch 32 years later. I am rewatching them myself and enjoy them for what they're worth.

I also enjoy the new show. I am also glad that you have the freedom to ignore it as you wish. I wish ALL of the people who wish it didn't exist would be as wise as you and just ignore it as well.

And for the record, "terrible" shows DON'T GET RENEWED. Obviously there are plenty of people who ARE watching it and enjoying it that your opinion doesn't affect its continued existence. Watch what you like, hate what you wish, but I enjoy the old series for what it was, I enjoy the new series for what it is, and I think open hatred for something that can be easily ignored with the click of a channel button is childish and absurd.

Have a good rest of the weekend.

T.Q.
Fleet Admiral

#17 Post by T.Q. »

LZeitgeist wrote:
T.Q. wrote:
LZeitgeist wrote:
T.Q. wrote:I think this situation is serious enough it warrants looking into series cancellation.

The toxic environment Lenkov created over the years could still create a triggering effect for some just even returning to the set.

I stand with the victims.

Perhaps it's time to cancel the show for the sake of those who where emotionally abused.

Or continue using the Hawai'i production team but start a new series that can be a safe space for all.
You're so full of shit I can smell it way over here.

You have hated the reboot from day one. You're using this as an excuse to pursue your own personal interests. That's incredibly disgusting.

You are a disgusting, small individual, given a response like yours.
WOW. :shock:

Now that was toxic.
You actually disgust me. Your response deserves it.
So I'm off your Christmas card list then?

You should really consider getting off the Internet if things get you THIS upset.

You actually don't even know if I was sincere or not.

I actually half was (other half making fun of cancel culture). I couldn't care less really if Minimag is still on the air.

BTW: You're welcome for rarely ever posting on the reboot section anymore. I seem to have never heard any appreciation for it. Would you like my disgusting self to resume*?

* I wouldn't do that to Conch.
Knocking my rubber chicken or my sloppy habits is within the rules, but you're attacking my character. I would like to think you don't mean that.

LZeitgeist
Vice Admiral

#18 Post by LZeitgeist »

T.Q. wrote:
LZeitgeist wrote:
T.Q. wrote:
LZeitgeist wrote:
T.Q. wrote:I think this situation is serious enough it warrants looking into series cancellation.

The toxic environment Lenkov created over the years could still create a triggering effect for some just even returning to the set.

Perhaps it's time to cancel the show for the sake of those who where emotionally abused.

Or continue using the Hawai'i production team but start a new series that can be a safe space for all.
You're so full of shit I can smell it way over here.

You have hated the reboot from day one. You're using this as an excuse to pursue your own personal interests. That's incredibly disgusting.

You are a disgusting, small individual, given a response like yours.
WOW. :shock:

Now that was toxic.
You actually disgust me. Your response deserves it.
So I'm off your Christmas card list then?

You should really consider getting off the Internet if things get you THIS upset.

You actually don't even know if I was sincere or not.

I actually half was (other half making fun of cancel culture). I couldn't care less really if Minimag is still on the air.

BTW: You're welcome for rarely ever posting on the reboot section anymore. I seem to have never heard any appreciation for it. Would you like my disgusting self to resume*?

* I wouldn't do that to Conch.
I'd just finally put you on ignore. I don't owe you an iota of gratitude for not being a self-made, self-admitted troll.

Lindsay Writer
Commander

#19 Post by Lindsay Writer »

Here is the bombshell article that explains everything in great detail.

CBS knew this was in the works they got rid of him before this was published.

https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/20 ... showrunner

MHTR
Vice Admiral

#20 Post by MHTR »

LZeitgeist wrote: And for the record, "terrible" shows DON'T GET RENEWED.
They do nowadays.

LZeitgeist
Vice Admiral

#21 Post by LZeitgeist »

MHTR wrote:
They do nowadays.
Ummmmm, whatever. *rolls eyes*

Pahonu
Robin's Nest Expert Extraordinaire

#22 Post by Pahonu »

MHTR wrote:
They do nowadays.
I haven’t been a fan of any of the reboots, but if enough people watch them, then the networks can sell ads, and they make money. That’s the bottom line. Any of us as individuals may think a show is terrible, but if enough people don’t think so and watch it, you have a hit. The new Hawaii Five-O would have to be in that category after 10 years. Whether we like it or not, television is a popular media driven by mass appeal and it certainly doesn’t always line up with our opinions. We’re all entitled to our opinions but they may just be more in the minority than we realize or like to admit. A quote comes to mind, I’m thinking from the fashion designer Coco Chanel, that basically said: we all prefer our own tastes of course, but we can’t all have good taste, can we?!?!? :lol:

Laohu
Fleet Admiral

#23 Post by Laohu »

Lindsay Writer wrote:The reboot is terrible. Some shows were so good in their original version they should never be updated. And many movies should never be remade. Magnum is one of those shows that can never be as good as it was but now networks and studios are so risk-averse they are afraid to make new shows and movies and the executives value job security over all else. So giving a green light to a remake or a reboot is automatic job security. If the new version flops they can't be blamed for its failure. They just point to the old version and tell their bosses we made a safe bet we had a valuable piece of IP and it was safer to update it than it would have been to do something risky like an original show or movie. And that's how they keep their cushy jobs. That's what it's all about. They will always minimize the risk to their careers whenever they can. This is why you see so many remakes and reboots now. Lenkov did a good job on Hawaii Five-O and MacGyver but he completely missed the mark on Magnum because it was impossible to update Magnum and make it as good as it was. As Bellisario once wrote "memories are forever" and so are re-runs. We will always have the old episodes to enjoy and we can ignore these new episodes.

I really have to disagree here Magnum was the perfect show to reboot and I think it is the best reboot of all the Lenkov shows . The timing for the reboot was perfect it gave the network the show it needed when it needed it just like the first time . Feel free to miss all the new episodes it really is your loss .

Amian
Admiral

#24 Post by Amian »

Yikes, pretty serious stuff you're talking about there. What else have you heard? Is there some insider information out there about what's going on with the cast and crew?

Laohu
Fleet Admiral

#25 Post by Laohu »

WarnerMedia is investigating “The Ellen DeGeneres Show” over its workplace culture following multiple complaints about the show’s toxic environment, according to multiple reports.

Executives from Telepictures, which producers the show, and distributor Warner Bros. TV are working with WarnerMedia’s employee relations group and a third party firm to conduct the investigation, according to Variety, which first reported the inquiry. The news comes 10 days after BuzzFeed News published accusations made by former employees of racism and a toxic work environment against the show’s producers.

Representatives from Warner Bros. and DeGeneres declined to comment.

According to BuzzFeed News, 10 former employees and one current “Ellen” staffer — who all asked to remain anonymous — detailed instances of the negative culture at DeGeneres’ hit daytime talk show, including “microaggressions” toward an employee of color and occasions where individuals were fired for taking time off to attend funerals or due to medical problems.

In response to the accusations made by the anonymous individuals cited in the BuzzFeed story, “Ellen” executive producers Ed Glavin, Mary Connelly and Andy Lassner issued this joint statement to BuzzFeed News: “Over the course of nearly two decades, 3,000 episodes, and employing over 1000 staff members, we have strived to create an open, safe, and inclusive work environment,” they said. “We are truly heartbroken and sorry to learn that even one person in our production family has had a negative experience. It’s not who we are and not who we strive to be, and not the mission Ellen has set for us. For the record, the day to day responsibility of the Ellen show is completely on us. We take all of this very seriously and we realize, as many in the world are learning, that we need to do better, are committed to do better, and we will do better.”