Filming locations

For discussions about the new CBS Magnum P.I. reboot

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

308GUY
Fleet Admiral

Re: Filming locations

#16 Post by 308GUY »

T.Q. wrote:Imagine if CGI could give us this.

:P

There's no doubt it can....BUT it would be met with utter disdain! After all...it's not the "original"!

We do all still remember that none of the inside of the estate was used in the original....right? I mean the "guesthouse" has never existed...as it's presented....nor Higgin's study....or the kitchen....it was all done off site at another house...or on a set built in the studio.

Also keep in mind...you WILL NOT find a more loyal fan of the "original" than myself....sometimes it seems like I literally "LIVE" MPI (the original.... :lol: ) I'm also NOT "defending"the reboot..just suggesting that it serves no purpose to bad mouth it, or those who find it "interesting"..or entertaining...or even just tolerable.

And Markus....you have to know how "bullies" operate....when they stop getting a rise out of the "victim" the effort seems wasted. I'm not saying ignore them and they'll go away..only that if there are some who have nothing better to do with their time than come up with digs aimed at the "new" show...or those who don't mind it, then it really isn't hurting anyone or anything....just demonstrating a specific mindset..which I'm guessing will pass as life progresses and everyone "ages" a bit...(didn't want to say "grows up"....sounds accusatory...a little.. :) )

Ok....I'm missing my rock again...and I think that's all I have to say about that...I think....for now....maybe......Nytol....oh wait...that's a commercial...and I HATE commercials!!! :magnum:
"C'mon TC...nothing can go wrong!"

Higgins (aka Bondtoys)
Fleet Admiral

#17 Post by Higgins (aka Bondtoys) »

Thanks for the kind words, 308!

As a matter of fact, I don't feel to be the "victim" - no matter how often the haters say, that I am taking this too personal.

They don't know who or how I am in my real private and professional life
If you see me being the victim, you are judging me absolutely wrong. I am not.
I know how bullies operate, that's why I am pointing it out.

Anyhow - and I repeat myself: No criticism here I take personally - what I don't like it the spirit and behaviour that some people show here and the fact that they find it ok and even worse - that Conch finds it ok. I'll always stand up against this kind of mentality and behaviour.

Conch was telling us how much the Original Magnum Character influenced his personal life.
I doubt, that fictional Magnum would have spread almost evangelical hate and bullying or that he would have sided with those who do.
And with bullying, I am not speaking about me being the target. Just look, how (and emphasis is on HOW) Hernandez and Lenkow (and I am sure both of them don't really need my help) are followed, mocked and commented here in the reboot section.

That hate (which is being masked with "opinion") is totally respectless and out of line.

It has nothing to do with being pc, it's about being reasonable, fair and considerate.

And dare I slightly fight back, the hater outrage (or better the crocodile tears) is high, that I've personally insulted them. Boo-Hoo.

T.Q.
Fleet Admiral

#18 Post by T.Q. »

Bondtoys.de wrote:Thanks for the kind words, 308!

As a matter of fact, I don't feel to be the "victim" - no matter how often the haters say, that I am taking this too personal.

They don't know who or how I am in my real private and professional life
If you see me being the victim, you are judging me absolutely wrong. I am not.
I know how bullies operate, that's why I am pointing it out.

Anyhow - and I repeat myself: No criticism here I take personally - what I don't like it the spirit and behaviour that some people show here and the fact that they find it ok and even worse - that Conch finds it ok. I'll always stand up against this kind of mentality and behaviour.

Conch was telling us how much the Original Magnum Character influenced his personal life.
I doubt, that fictional Magnum would have spread almost evangelical hate and bullying or that he would have sided with those who do.
And with bullying, I am not speaking about me being the target. Just look, how (and emphasis is on HOW) Hernandez and Lenkow (and I am sure both of them don't really need my help) are followed, mocked and commented here in the reboot section.

That hate (which is being masked with "opinion") is totally respectless and out of line.

It has nothing to do with being pc, it's about being reasonable, fair and considerate.

And dare I slightly fight back, the hater outrage (or better the crocodile tears) is high, that I've personally insulted them. Boo-Hoo.
I must be in the Twilight Zone.

I honestly don’t see the “haters” of the reboot crying about your opinion.

I really do see the opposite.

Knocking my rubber chicken or my sloppy habits is within the rules, but you're attacking my character. I would like to think you don't mean that.

Amian
Admiral

#19 Post by Amian »

Bondtoys.de wrote:Not sure if calling my comments ‚trolling‘ is correct.

I can see others ‚trolling‘ all over the place - not you, amian
Haters have only one mission: to spoil our enjoyment and celebrate their negativity.

The days, when this was only expressing an opinion* are long over.

*Which is totally ok for me
Bondtoys, sorry I wasn't clear. By "comments above," I meant the ones by Ivan, etc. It looked like I was talking about your comment because it appeared just above mine in the quotation box, but I wasn't talking about yours.

They are trolling you.

Higgins (aka Bondtoys)
Fleet Admiral

#20 Post by Higgins (aka Bondtoys) »

T.Q. wrote: I must be in the Twilight Zone.

I honestly don’t see the “haters” of the reboot crying about your opinion.

I really do see the opposite.
Eyesight issues?
MagnumsLeftShoulder wrote:
You should try to stop attacking the posters here. Some of us have snarked on the reboot and will continue to do so. You have insulted the members here and apparently will continue to do so even after Conch addressed you privately and publicly. Off the top of my head, I can think of at least 4 regular posters here who like the reboot and I can think of 4 or 5 who admit they hate it. I'd say that's pretty evenly split. You are the one who is only seeing negativity and your constant insults of posters are the most negative things here.