How Do You Add An AVATAR (Picture) To A Profile?

Comments, questions, suggestions, criticism... anything at all about the website. This is also the place for member introductions

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

IslandHopper
Master Flub Spotter

How Do You Add An AVATAR (Picture) To A Profile?

#1 Post by IslandHopper »

Hey Guys:

How would I add an Avatar to my profile? I'm assuming an Avatar is the small picture that appears below the profile name. Thanks.
The answer is obvious, old man. Logic is irrelevant. It's simply Tropical Madness. (J.Q. Higgins)

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

#2 Post by J.J. Walters »

Go into your 'profile', towards the bottom is the avatar options. You can upload an image of your choice (60x60 max size), or link to an existing avatar somewhere else.

One of the things I've been meaning to do is setup an Avatar Gallery. I should be able to do that pretty soon.

Hope this helps
Higgins: It's not a scratch! It's a bloody gouge!

IslandHopper
Master Flub Spotter

#3 Post by IslandHopper »

Thanks for the reply James. When I went into my profile and into the Avatar Gallery, there were no images available and no categories to select from. I guess, my only other option is to upload an avatar from some other site, but I do not know where to go to do this. Any ideas?
The answer is obvious, old man. Logic is irrelevant. It's simply Tropical Madness. (J.Q. Higgins)

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

#4 Post by J.J. Walters »

IH, I'll have a gallery setup real soon. You can just pick an image from there. I'll reply here when it's ready.

Thanks
Higgins: It's not a scratch! It's a bloody gouge!

Little Garwood
Fleet Admiral

#5 Post by Little Garwood »

Would it be okay if I used one of your screencaps for my avatar? While there aren't any "Little Garwood" avatars, I am keen on a few pics alreday up in the episode guide...

Carol the Dabbler
Fleet Admiral

#6 Post by Carol the Dabbler »

James says that the max size for avatar images is 60 x 60 pixels. The thumbnail screen caps are 96 x 72 (and the full-size images are much larger than that), so they would need to be cropped and/or have their resolution decreased a little. Other than that, I don't see why there should be any objection.