An Idea

Comments, questions, suggestions, criticism... anything at all about the website. This is also the place for member introductions

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

Kahunagirl
Vice Admiral

An Idea

#1 Post by Kahunagirl »

James --

I was recently at a MacGyver website -- actually, it was Richard Dean Anderson's website -- and I noticed a really neat feature that you might be able to pull off for Magnum Mania. It's a series of pages that shows, side-by-side, certain episode locations and their corresponding real-life locations. Here's a link, so you can take a look for yourself:

http://rdanderson.com/macgyver/location/location.htm

With all the pics that members have submitted of the various real-life Magnum locations, and your screen shot capabilites, I'll bet you could put together something that surpasses the MacGyver pages!

Kahunagirl

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

#2 Post by J.J. Walters »

Sorry, I didn't see this until now.

I like the idea, but it would very hard to pull off. Getting all the "street level" pics with the same angles would be very difficult. I would, however, at some point, like to put together a map of Oahu with many of the key shooting locations. I think that would be pretty neat.
Higgins: It's not a scratch! It's a bloody gouge!

grapeshot
Vice Admiral

#3 Post by grapeshot »

I like the map idea, since it would help fans who get a chance to go to Hawaii and who may wish to do a Magnum Tour.

Maybe you could make it so that pop-up boxes open at key locations on the map which could show both screen caps from the relevant episodes, and fan pictures as well. This would be a lot of work, I imagine. A map would be fantastic. A map with pop-up photos would be fantastic-with-a-double-scoop-of-ice-cream on the side!!

eeyore
Admiral

#4 Post by eeyore »

James, I vote you to write a Magnum PI coffee table book! You up to the challenge? :D