The Now Playing Thread!

For everything else!

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

ConchRepublican
COZITV Magnum, P.I. SuperFan / Chief Barkeep - Flemingo Key

Re: The Now Playing Thread!

#46 Post by ConchRepublican »

Since More Than a Feeling was posted, here's my fave version ....

youtu.be/I0jxRwp3V5Q
CoziTV Superfan spot
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPTmsykLQ04

Steve
Fleet Admiral

#47 Post by Steve »

Sam wrote:
J.J. Walters wrote:Definitely feeling those Physical Graffiti songs, Conch! Great picks. That whole album is just incredible!

Wow, really loving that Plant-Jack White rendition of "The Lemon Song", Sam! Hadn't seen that before! Really like Jack White. He's a phenomenal guitar player and songwriter. :)
Yeah JJ...
Have you seen White and Page.
It might get loud..

This is one of the songs.

youtu.be/5m9tDkic_GM

youtu.be/ODidAgdL40Y
I was never a huge Led Zeppelin growing up and playing side one of Led Zeppelin IV never worked for me but having said that, Jimmy Page is still one of the coolest rock gods ever. He dwarfs the Edge and Jack White in that documentary while in his seventies and looks so damn cool with the flowing white hair Good pick, Sam

Sam
Fleet Admiral

#48 Post by Sam »

Steve wrote:
Sam wrote:
J.J. Walters wrote:Definitely feeling those Physical Graffiti songs, Conch! Great picks. That whole album is just incredible!

Wow, really loving that Plant-Jack White rendition of "The Lemon Song", Sam! Hadn't seen that before! Really like Jack White. He's a phenomenal guitar player and songwriter. :)
Yeah JJ...
It might get loud..

youtu.be/5m9tDkic_GM

youtu.be/ODidAgdL40Y
I was never a huge Led Zeppelin growing up and playing side one of Led Zeppelin IV never worked for me but having said that, Jimmy Page is still one of the coolest rock gods ever. He dwarfs the Edge and Jack White in that documentary while in his seventies and looks so damn cool with the flowing white hair Good pick, Sam
I've been a big fan of Jimmy's for years and years.. it goes all the way back to his guitar playing on Goldfinger

Okay maybe I wasn't a fan that far back but he started off as a studio guy.

He played rhythm guitar on the sessions for the Who's first single "I Can't Explain"[20] (although Pete Townshend was reluctant to allow Page's contribution on the final recording; Page also played lead guitar on the B-side, "Bald Headed Woman").[25] Page's studio gigs in 1964 included Marianne Faithfull's "As Tears Go By", the Nashville Teens' "Tobacco Road", the Rolling Stones' "Heart of Stone", Van Morrison & Them's "Baby Please Don't Go", "Mystic Eyes", and "Here Comes the Night", Dave Berry's "The Crying Game" and "My Baby Left Me", Brenda Lee's "Is It True", and Petula Clark's "Downtown".v

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

#49 Post by J.J. Walters »

You are absolutely right, Sam! He was an extremely successful, highly sought-after session guitarist in the 60's! And then he was briefly in The Yardbirds, just before, and after, Jeck Beck left. I'm sure you remember "White Summer" from Little Games (1967), which was frequently played as part of a medley with "Black Mountain Side" in several Zep tours. Brilliant guitar playing on a song based on an old Irish folk song.

youtu.be/vTvtZRYVeX8
Higgins: It's not a scratch! It's a bloody gouge!

Sam
Fleet Admiral

#50 Post by Sam »

Nice going JJ.. you are a young cat but you know your music..Page was in the Yardbirds after Clapton..then replacing Beck.. The Yardbirds was his final group before Zeppelin.. The Yardbirds were briefly called the New Yardbirds.. which then became Zeppelin.Beck and Page yardbirds..

youtu.be/6FDLrJFp18Q

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

#51 Post by J.J. Walters »

Wow, that's a clip from Blowup with David Hemmings (Magnum alum!) Legendary! I havn't seen that movie in ages! Page and Beck are so young! :)

MagnumILWU
Fleet Admiral

#52 Post by MagnumILWU »

youtu.be/X5-rZay-Tdw Love that 70's music!
"pickled egg please"

Sam
Fleet Admiral

#53 Post by Sam »

Steve wrote:
Sam wrote:

Yeah JJ...
It might get loud..

youtu.be/5m9tDkic_GM

youtu.be/ODidAgdL40Y
And still rocking out :lol: :lol:
http://extratv.com/2018/04/16/jimmy-pag ... ett-sabet/

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

#54 Post by J.J. Walters »

LOL Sam! 46 year age difference! More power to you, Jimmy! You still got it! :)

Still thinking about Pahonu and it's demise. This song wormed its way into my head. Everyone involved in its destruction is on a "Ship of Fools"! Lyrics by Robert Hunter, Music by Jerry Garcia...

youtu.be/6iZ49s7eH5g

Sam
Fleet Admiral

#55 Post by Sam »

J.J. Walters wrote:LOL Sam! 46 year age difference! More power to you, Jimmy! You still got it! :)

Still thinking about Pahonu and it's demise. This song wormed its way into my head. Everyone involved in its destruction is on a "Ship of Fools"! Lyrics by Robert Hunter, Music by Jerry Garcia...

youtu.be/6iZ49s7eH5g

Ha...200 million net worth helps :lol: :lol:

Sam
Fleet Admiral

#56 Post by Sam »

What a good song.. Jackson Browne song first recorded by Gregg Allman..

Well I've been out walking
I don't do that much talking these days
These days
These days I seem to think a lot
About the things that I forgot to do
For you
And all the times I had the chance to.

youtu.be/zCUxJFtTFNk

308GUY
Fleet Admiral

#57 Post by 308GUY »

Sam wrote:What a good song.. Jackson Browne song first recorded by Gregg Allman..

Well I've been out walking
I don't do that much talking these days
These days
These days I seem to think a lot
About the things that I forgot to do
For you
And all the times I had the chance to.
Nice..... :magnum:
"C'mon TC...nothing can go wrong!"

MagnumILWU
Fleet Admiral

#58 Post by MagnumILWU »

youtu.be/egMWlD3fLJ8 This is just as it was on the movie soundtrack album; first the motorcycle, then the song!
"pickled egg please"

Sam
Fleet Admiral

#59 Post by Sam »

MagnumILWU wrote:
youtu.be/egMWlD3fLJ8 This is just as it was on the movie soundtrack album; first the motorcycle, then the song!
Good stuff John Kay and Steppenwolf

Steve
Fleet Admiral

#60 Post by Steve »

Sam wrote:
MagnumILWU wrote:
Good stuff John Kay and Steppenwolf

And the movie, the bikes not to mention Peter Fonda, Dennis Hopper and Jack Nicholson.