For discussions about the cast & crew, including guest stars

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

Kahunagirl
Vice Admiral

Tom Selleck needs your votes!

#1 Post by Kahunagirl »

Stumbled across the following poll on ew.com

Ultimate Male Hotties of the '70s and '80s
Would you choose Alec Baldwin? Harrison Ford? Richard Gere? Vote for the guy who has what it takes to compete with hotties of other eras in a future gallery poll, then tell us who we missed

The "candidates" are listed in alpha order, so TS is #21.

He's currently in 5th place, with 6% of the vote. To access the poll, go to:

http://www.ew.com/ew/gallery/0,,20147831,00.html

kahunagirl

golfmobile
Chopper Pilot Wannabe

#2 Post by golfmobile »

I voted for TS. The only ones I can really understand being above him are Robert Redford and Mel Gibson. The others (Harrison Ford, Richard Gere, and Rob Lowe) weren't really hotties until the LATE '80s or early 90s, when RR was starting to show his age but was still hot. HF had only two movies whereby he became really popular (Raiders of the Lost Ark [and, as we know, he got that only because TS couldn't do it!] and Witness) in the '80s, and Robert Redford's movies in the 1980s were not big hits (except maybe Out of Africa, but that was rather "slow" -- sexiest scene in it was a hair-washing, and the movie was more about Meryl Streep than RR). But, of course, RR has been gorgeous since Butch Cassidy, so I'm always a sucker for him. Granted, RG definitely became hot in An Officer and a Gentleman, but became bigger with his Pretty Woman "comeback" in 1990.

And while our TS' only REAL movie hit in the '80s was 3M&AB, he was constantly "with us" weekly with MPI and for the others we had to wait for a movie. I would always SEE a RR, HF, or RG movie just because they were in it, and they were generally good, but not blockbusters. And Mel Gibson became universally popular with the Legal Weapon franchise, which didn't start till 1987.

So that's my two cents' worth.

golf
"Portside, buddy."

MagnumPI_Cat
Commander

#3 Post by MagnumPI_Cat »

How do you vote?
Out of my way before I run you down and enjoy it! - Thomas Magnum, Tropical Madness, season 2.

golfmobile
Chopper Pilot Wannabe

#4 Post by golfmobile »

You have to click through all the pictures, then the second paragraph down, after the description for Bruce Willis but in that same window, has a link for "go to the poll" to vote.
"Portside, buddy."