Lily Catherine as Magnum, P.I.

For all non-episode specific topics about the show, including MPI-related "tie-ins"

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

Wee one
Ensign

Lily Catherine as Magnum, P.I.

#1 Post by Wee one »

Since TS has a full time job with Blue Bloods, a series reboot with his daughter, Lily Catherine, as the Private Investigator seems like a perfect fit to me. Occasional visits from TS, a partner who is T.C.'s daughter, help from retired Rick's shady contacts, some cross over episodes with Hawaii Five-0 and steamy Steve McGarret, naturally. It's high time a woman was cast in the lead for such a series, don't you think? Someone make this happen!

308GUY
Fleet Admiral

Re: Lily Catherine as Magnum, P.I.

#2 Post by 308GUY »

If she lived at the Robin's Nest, drove a 308 (or something as cool! :P ), and wore hawaiian shirts, I'd probably watch. I like the idea of teaming up with 5-0 on occasion. Oh yea, she's gonna have to have a chopper pilot as a close friend too.

BTW, welcome to the Mania Wee one! :magnum:
"C'mon TC...nothing can go wrong!"

Turkey
Admiral

#3 Post by Turkey »

I'd watch that, sounds ace
Make it two weeks.

BWheelz54
Admiral

#4 Post by BWheelz54 »

I'd sure give it a watch. I think it's a good idea. And I like it much more than the idea of rebooting all the characters.

jeffterpsfan
Ensign

#5 Post by jeffterpsfan »

I actually have thought that this would be a great idea for a Magnum PI movie was to have his daughter basically following in her dad's footsteps.

308GUY
Fleet Admiral

#6 Post by 308GUY »

jeffterpsfan....welcome aboard! :magnum:
"C'mon TC...nothing can go wrong!"

MiniMag
Lieutenant

#7 Post by MiniMag »

My idea for the new MPI television series, has Lily Catherine and TM teamed up and running a father/daughter Private Investigator firm....Magnum and Magnum.

TC still runs Island Hoppers, with the help of his son, a recently discharged Army Aviator.

I think a mix of the old cast with new, could possibly revive the show.

Steve
Fleet Admiral

#8 Post by Steve »

I have been saying for a few years now that either a movie of a tv show should have Mila Kunis as Lily Catherine along with the original cast to draw in both the original fans and the younger crowd..............

MiniMag
Lieutenant

#9 Post by MiniMag »

Steve wrote:I have been saying for a few years now that either a movie of a tv show should have Mila Kunis as Lily Catherine along with the original cast to draw in both the original fans and the younger crowd..............
Do you think Mila Kunis is the right age to play the part of Lilly Catherine? I personally, imagine someone older.

In my idea for the new series, Lilly Catherine joined the Navy and followed in her father's footsteps. After serving 15 years, she leaves the Navy (unbeknownst to Magnum) and returns to Hawaii to start her new career as a PI. In the series opener, Admiral Magnum retires from the Navy and returns to Hawaii as well. His visit was originally planned as a reunion with his daughter, but as things unfold he quickly learns differently.

Steve
Fleet Admiral

#10 Post by Steve »

MiniMag wrote:
Steve wrote:I have been saying for a few years now that either a movie of a tv show should have Mila Kunis as Lily Catherine along with the original cast to draw in both the original fans and the younger crowd..............
Do you think Mila Kunis is the right age to play the part of Lilly Catherine? I personally, imagine someone older.

In my idea for the new series, Lilly Catherine joined the Navy and followed in her father's footsteps. After serving 15 years, she leaves the Navy (unbeknownst to Magnum) and returns to Hawaii to start her new career as a PI. In the series opener, Admiral Magnum retires from the Navy and returns to Hawaii as well. His visit was originally planned as a reunion with his daughter, but as things unfold he quickly learns differently.

I like your synopsis. As far as Mila Kunis, she was born in 1983. Memories are Forever when TM got Michelle pregnant was in 1981 so the math just about fits...........

MiniMag
Lieutenant

#11 Post by MiniMag »

Steve wrote:
MiniMag wrote:

I like your synopsis. As far as Mila Kunis, she was born in 1983. Memories are Forever when TM got Michelle pregnant was in 1981 so the math just about fits...........
Ok, yeah, if she was born in 1983 then the math fits. Do you think she could fill the roll? I mean, we don't yet know the personality of Lily Catherine, but when you mention Kunis I immediately think of her character on That 70's Show.

I'm imagining Lily Catherine as having some of her father's traits but also having a serious side to her as well, inherited from her mother, Michelle. Has Kunis done anything similar? I don't follow her as an actresses, so I have no idea. It might be hard for viewers not to stereotype Kunis. A little-known actress might fit the roll better?

Steve
Fleet Admiral

#12 Post by Steve »

Mila is just my pick, I have heard others mention Meagan Fox. It would just be nice to get something made and think we were just coming up with names that would get the project green lighted in a pitch to the hollywood folks that think young and hott..LOL... Whomever I always pictured the first shot of someone swimming towards The Estate in the Tidal Pool ala the first episode, then the audience being surprised to see it is Lily popping out and trying to steal the Ferarri.............(from Thomas)

MiniMag
Lieutenant

#13 Post by MiniMag »

Steve wrote:Mila is just my pick, I have heard others mention Meagan Fox. It would just be nice to get something made and think we were just coming up with names that would get the project green lighted in a pitch to the hollywood folks that think young and hott..LOL... Whomever I always pictured the first shot of someone swimming towards The Estate in the Tidal Pool ala the first episode, then the audience being surprised to see it is Lily popping out and trying to steal the Ferarri.............(from Thomas)
LOL.......I love the visual of Lilly stealing the Ferrari! I can just imagine this line being repeated numerous times on the show when the Ferrari gets scratched or damaged....."Oh boy, daddy's going to kill me!" And then TM in his high pitched irate voice like he used with Higgins......"You did what to the Ferrari?! AHHHHHHHHHH!"

ConchRepublican
COZITV Magnum, P.I. SuperFan / Chief Barkeep - Flemingo Key

#14 Post by ConchRepublican »

BWheelz did a good job with this vision. Not sure if Mini Mag saw it yet.

http://magnum-mania.com/Forum/viewtopic ... hilit=Lily

BTW - for some reason I always pictured Jessica Alba as Lily ....

Image Image
CoziTV Superfan spot
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPTmsykLQ04

Styles Bitchley
Magnum Wristwatch Aficionado / Deputy SpamHammer

#15 Post by Styles Bitchley »

ConchRepublican wrote:BTW - for some reason I always pictured Jessica Alba as Lily ....
Definitely a likeness there!
"How fiendishly deceptive of you Magnum. I could have sworn I was hearing the emasculation of a large rodent."

- J.Q.H.