The Robin Masters Estate (Pahonu)

For all non-episode specific topics about the show, including MPI-related "tie-ins"

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

KENJI
Fleet Admiral

Re: The Robin Masters Estate (Pahonu)

#1846 Post by KENJI »

Thanks for footage d_sorenson!

It really hard to watch, so sad to see it being destroyed!
What a shame!

KENJI
Fleet Admiral

#1847 Post by KENJI »

Rembrandt's Girl wrote:Last week the pug meet-up group got together again at Pahonu, and since they heard Hernandez was going to be the new Magnum they invited him to the party...

Hilarious RG!!!!!!! :lol:

Sam
Fleet Admiral

#1848 Post by Sam »

d_sorensen wrote:Just came across this recent drone video of the demolition of the estate. So sad
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vo3hAxYv3Fk
Thanks d-sorensen... that really brought it front and center..

Sam
Fleet Admiral

#1849 Post by Sam »

Rembrandt's Girl wrote:Last week the pug meet-up group got together again at Pahonu, and since they heard Hernandez was going to be the new Magnum they invited him to the party...

Haha.... it's not your car... it's Robin Masters Prius.

Steve
Fleet Admiral

#1850 Post by Steve »

d_sorensen wrote:Just came across this recent drone video of the demolition of the estate. So sad
I am choking back tears..Damn you Marty Nesbitt, damn you all to hell!

Rembrandt's Girl
Fleet Admiral

#1851 Post by Rembrandt's Girl »

Thanks KENJI & Sam, glad you got a chuckle from the Hernandez short man pug joke. I'll re-post it in the Hernandez thread. Bad timing... I posted it just before this wonderful Pahonu video was posted, which I do not plan on watching. Just can't do it. :cry:

knight8882
Lieutenant

#1852 Post by knight8882 »

Steve wrote:
I am choking back tears..Damn you Marty Nesbitt, damn you all to hell!
Damn... that is not easy to watch.
Magnum, remember what I told you about Robin Masters?

I lied.

steveadl
Fleet Admiral

#1853 Post by steveadl »

Very sad to watch.

Must say though, I wish someone had sent a drone over that close and in that much detail over the last few years when the house was still there!

quigley_down_under
Ensign

#1854 Post by quigley_down_under »

Very sad to see it go. I see that in the video the boat house (AKA "The guest House") was untouched so far. Hopefully it will get a reprieve! That would leave a little something for us Magnum fans to visit. I was lucky enough to get there in 2014 and the boat house was just as much of an attraction for me as the main house as it was such a pivotal part of the show. Time will tell.

eagle
Fleet Admiral

#1855 Post by eagle »

That is simply heartbreaking.

eagle
Fleet Admiral

#1856 Post by eagle »

quigley_down_under wrote:Very sad to see it go. I see that in the video the boat house (AKA "The guest House") was untouched so far. Hopefully it will get a reprieve! That would leave a little something for us Magnum fans to visit. I was lucky enough to get there in 2014 and the boat house was just as much of an attraction for me as the main house as it was such a pivotal part of the show. Time will tell.
Yes, hopefully the tennis courts, boat house, and guest house all survive. That would be something at least.

-----

How many scenes were actually shot in the main house? I seem to recall that the episode where Higgins is sick in a guest bedroom is filmed at the estate.

ConchRepublican
COZITV Magnum, P.I. SuperFan / Chief Barkeep - Flemingo Key

#1857 Post by ConchRepublican »

That's some first post there d_sorensen. Even though it's hard to watch, thank you for posting.

In the mean time, let's get some theories flowing. Now that the presidential library plans are complete . . . is this the next phase of Obama's "retirement"?
CoziTV Superfan spot
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPTmsykLQ04

KENJI
Fleet Admiral

#1858 Post by KENJI »

Hi Steve,

What is the name of that book you mentioned about Nesbitt, his Vistria Group and the connection to Obama? I agree, it does stink to high heaven and I think that odor has reached Waimanalo. I find the purchase of Pahonu in early 2015 when there were at least some guidelines in place for older non protected homes interesting because by July 2015 those restrictions were no more....the pattern continues :shock: .....hmm.....I wonder if Obama had any influence here in his home state. :wink: It also makes sense for the 3 yr delay........if they bulldozed it in August of 2015 the stench would've been so strong that the public would've realized what was going on right under their noses. This way there is enough time between the transaction and demolition that it doesn't point in their direction....just a theory.
To be fair....they may have tried to salvage the place, but the damage was too extensive to go ahead and they went with Plan B....knock it down and start again. I'm sure the true owner will officially surface in the next few years, but MM might find out sooner than that. :wink:

Sam
Fleet Admiral

#1859 Post by Sam »

KENJI wrote:Hi Steve,

What is the name of that book you mentioned about Nesbitt, his Vistria Group and the connection to Obama? I agree, it does stink to high heaven and I think that odor has reached Waimanalo. I find the purchase of Pahonu in early 2015 when there were at least some guidelines in place for older non protected homes interesting because by July 2015 those restrictions were no more....the pattern continues :shock: .....hmm.....I wonder if Obama had any influence here in his home state. :wink: It also makes sense for the 3 yr delay........if they bulldozed it in August of 2015 the stench would've been so strong that the public would've realized what was going on right under their noses. This way there is enough time between the transaction and demolition that it doesn't point in their direction....just a theory.
To be fair....they may have tried to salvage the place, but the damage was too extensive to go ahead and they went with Plan B....knock it down and start again. I'm sure the true owner will officially surface in the next few years, but MM might find out sooner than that. :wink:
Hi Kenji..... I found Steves thread he didn't mention the name so I looked it up..

Secret Empires: How Our Politicians Hide Corruption and Enrich Their Families and Friends.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/poli ... firms-book

308GUY
Fleet Admiral

#1860 Post by 308GUY »

Was physically sickening to watch....but thank you for providing it. At least now we know the actual fate of those stately columns and the famous courtyard.

Sort of wondered after hearing the plan, if the wall around the courtyard would go too....now we know. :(

Until my HD crashes (they ALL crash sooner or later!) I'll still have the many pictures of the original house and grounds as my screen saver, and we have the DVD's and Pahonu's excellent Sketch Up models.

Still say somebody should build a "tribute" estate on a beach front property SOMEWHERE. Got to have palm trees and sand and ocean, but California has all that...and West Palm Beach...and the Maldives...and the Bahamas and so many other places. Guess I'm just a "fake guy"...as I see nothing wrong with replicating what is not available. Why it's not available doesn't really matter. I mean how many "original" things actually exist...other than the earth and sky?

Maybe the replacement house will be even better? Will it still be "Pahonu"? Turtle pond is still there....isn't that at least part of why it was named that to begin with?

Time goes on. We have our memories.....can't bulldoze that. :magnum:
"C'mon TC...nothing can go wrong!"