Missing In Action 1.9

For all non-episode specific topics about the show, including MPI-related "tie-ins"

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

terryfromkerry
Fleet Admiral

Missing In Action 1.9

#1 Post by terryfromkerry »

Hi JJ,

I have been a Magnum PI fan since the '80's. I have the complete series on DVD.

I recently discovered your Magnum Mania website. Am very impressed with the wealth of information available concerning all aspects of this iconic show. I enjoy watching an episode then referring to your episode guide. I particularly like the "flubs".

While viewing Missing In Action 1.9, I noted a flub as follows.

At the 6 minute mark Magnum and Laura drive onto the estate in the Ferrari. Their dialogue takes place after they exit the Ferrari and walk towards the main house.

Laura: This is beautiful.

Magnum: It has its drawbacks.

Laura: Like what ?

Magnum: Like that. ( The camera now shows "the lads" sprinting across the estate towards them)

Magnum: Higgins ! ( Magnum is shouting out urgently to Higgins and has dropped a full bag of groceries he is carrying in anticipation of the impending dog attack)

The flub ......... in the teaser prior to the episode this exact dialogue takes place while Magnum and Laura are still in the Ferrari. There is no bag of groceries evident in the scene.

Some of the most memorable comedy "sketches" of the whole series feature in this episode concerning Higgins insistance Magnum service the Ferrari. The "one" between TM and TC being a great homage to Abbot & Costello at their best.

Mahalo JJ for the pleasure I get perusing this website. I also enjoyed Larry and Roger reminising on Larry's Radio slot but the Merv Griffin show featuring the 4 cast members was a real gem. Keep up the good work.
"Oh Jonathan !....oh Jonathan, come quickly ...... your hot cross buns are smoking".

308GUY
Fleet Admiral

Re: Missing In Action 1.9

#2 Post by 308GUY »

Aloha Terry!

Kinda new here myself, but you won't find a better group of folks, or a site put together and maintained any better than right here.
"C'mon TC...nothing can go wrong!"

terryfromkerry
Fleet Admiral

#3 Post by terryfromkerry »

Many thanks 308GUY,

Nice to be welcomed aboard personally by a Vice Admiral.
"Oh Jonathan !....oh Jonathan, come quickly ...... your hot cross buns are smoking".

Doc Ibold
Maniac Emeritus

#4 Post by Doc Ibold »

Hello Terryfromkerry! And welcome aboard!

terryfromkerry
Fleet Admiral

#5 Post by terryfromkerry »

Mahalo Doc.

I have enjoyed reading "The Files Of Kenji", looking forward to his further observations.

IKnowWhatYoureThinking
Macho Taco & Coops Connoisseur

#6 Post by IKnowWhatYoureThinking »

Welcome Aboard Terry!

ConchRepublican
COZITV Magnum, P.I. SuperFan / Chief Barkeep - Flemingo Key

#7 Post by ConchRepublican »

Welcome terryfromkerry . . . 'tis pleasing to me eyes to hear the lilt of me grandfather's brogue in your words! Sláinte!
CoziTV Superfan spot
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPTmsykLQ04

terryfromkerry
Fleet Admiral

#8 Post by terryfromkerry »

Hi guys and you know what I am thinking. Thanks to "YOUKNOWWHATIAMTHINKING" & "CONCH". Feeling right at home here now with the " one hundred thousand welcomes" guys.

Went out to my local for a few beers earlier ("a pint of stout" lads .

No Dusseldorf for me old or new! )

Went to see Manchester Utd (English soccer).

Still summer here so I was wearing one of my aloha shirts . Used to get a bit of slagging ( ribbing or teasing ) about these until I gave a few of mine to a few of the same guys and dared them to wear them. That worked.

Cheers guys.

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

#9 Post by J.J. Walters »

terryfromkerry wrote:The flub ......... in the teaser prior to the episode this exact dialogue takes place while Magnum and Laura are still in the Ferrari. There is no bag of groceries evident in the scene.
Greetings Terry, welcome!

I wouldn't consider that a flub. There were several episodes that had slightly different shots shown in either the preview/teaser or the end credits. I would say that a flub can only occur in the actual episode itself. ;)
Higgins: It's not a scratch! It's a bloody gouge!

terryfromkerry
Fleet Admiral

#10 Post by terryfromkerry »

Hi JJ,

Many thanks for the welcome & " flub " clarification. Excuse late response. I was in Dubrovnik with my wife for the past 2 weeks. A beautiful city. There was a large number of American tourists coming ashore from the cruise ships on a daily basis. I mention this because we enjoyed seeing a great variety of aloha shirts worn by the American men. "Tommy Bahama" and "Paradise Found" among others. One man was even wearing the iconic red Magnum PI signature jungle bird shirt. Still a great looking shirt.